[collectd] NaN configure tests (solaris)

vincent.mcintyre at gmail.com vincent.mcintyre at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 15:14:39 CEST 2010

When configuring 4.9.1 on solaris 2.6, I hit a problem with the NaN
tests, but only for Sun's cc. If I use gcc it seems to work.

Attached is the configure.log from the failing configure
(config.log.cc), the successful one (config.log.gcc) and a 'script'
typescript of the failing configure (log.configure.cc).

I think this has probably been addressed with autoconf macros as well
but can't find any good references just now. Perhaps these give some clues:
   http://www.mail-archive.com/bug-gnulib@gnu.org/msg09777.html
   http://osdir.com/ml/gcc.fortran/2004-05/msg00252.html

The compiler's math.h is in /opt/SUNWspro/WS6U2/include/CC/std/math.h.
There is another (older) version in /usr/include/math.h.
Possibly I am not pointing configure to the right include files?

Cheers
Vince