[collectd] Version 4.8.0 available

Sebastian Harl sh at tokkee.org
Tue Sep 15 13:17:52 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 04:27:25PM +0530, Amit Gupta wrote:
> I got the same error while building it on RHEL 5.2. Here is the error
> snapshot:
>
> iptables.c:55: error: conflicting types for 'iptc_handle_t'
> owniptc/libiptc.h:48: error: previous declaration of 'iptc_handle_t' was
> here
> iptables.c:58: error: conflicting types for 'ip6tc_handle_t'
> owniptc/libip6tc.h:40: error: previous declaration of 'ip6tc_handle_t' was
> here
[…]
> The relevent config.log is attached.

Thanks!

The problem is the following (found both in Amit's and Mirko's logs):

> In file included from /usr/include/netinet/ip.h:23,
>                  from ./src/owniptc/ipt_kernel_headers.h:27,
>                  from ./src/owniptc/libiptc.h:24,
>                  from conftest.c:147:
> /usr/include/sys/types.h:52: error: conflicting types for 'ino_t'
> /usr/include/linux/types.h:14: error: previous declaration of 'ino_t' was here
[…]

I'm not sure how to solve that and I get the impression that this might
have to be handled differently on different Linux distributions (it
worked fine on Debian Sid). I currently don't have the time to dig into
that any further. For now, an (ugly) work-around should be to put
"-DHAVE_IPTC_HANDLE_T -DHAVE_IP6TC_HANDLE_T" in CFLAGS (but make sure
you really use the shipped libiptc).

It looks like the unconditional inclusion of <linux/types.h> in
src/owniptc/libiptc.h should be changed (similar to how it's done in
src/owniptc/ipt_kernel_headers.h - both files were copied from the
iptables sources). Possibly updating the shipped copy of libiptc might
do it.

Cheers,