[collectd] Double output in plugin-cvs

Bill Harris savoy9020 at texoma.net
Mon Sep 14 16:30:13 CEST 2009

A newbie to collectd and this list, I had a simple question on cvs output.

I¹ve written a simple tcl script that parses the logs of an satellite ingest
(noaaport)
application, and sends the data up to a central collectd server.

It¹s working great, except for one issue, the output of the doubles lacks
enough
precision to be of use.

Here is a sample of the raw data (prior to parsing into collectd)
1252938080 90 0.00e+00 1.00e-10
1252938090 90 0.00e+00 1.00e-10
1252938100 90 0.00e+00 8.00e-07

However, cvs, is only outputting the following for vber
1252938080,0.000000
1252938090,0.000000
1252938100,0.000001

I¹m  sure it¹s a printf precision, I need to increase, but I need a
suggestion where to look?

Thanks for any help.

Bill