[collectd] ipv4 multicast suggestion..

Bill Harris savoy9020 at texoma.net
Fri Oct 30 15:11:26 CET 2009

Just a suggestion, after spending a few minutes getting the multicast ipv4
working.

It would be helpful, to me, at least, to have an example in the network
plugin
entry for IPV4 multicast, as well as the IPV6.  I kept getting no route to
host
errors on my private lan, and then realized it was using the ipv6 multicast
address (my hosts only use ipv4 on my private lan).

Put a ³Server ³224.0.0.1² entry in and all was well.  A documented example
in the sample config and in the docs would be helpful.

BTW, the patches for FreeBSD 7.2 smp cpu plugin seems to work great.

Bill