[collectd] read data with script

XANi xani666 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 00:17:19 CET 2009

Hi
On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 22:33:47 +0100, János Prepuk
<prepuk.janos at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Untill now I read the data with snmp and I wrote it to rrd files. But
> now I would like to use a script (because these datas could not be
> read with snmp), which read out the data from devices and write it to
> the rrd. I would use a script which get a variable (ip address).
> How can I solve it? Maybe perl module?
You could do that, or use exec plugin, basically write a script which
returns output like
PUTVAL haproxy1/haproxy-appserv-out/if_octets-app00_0
1256858177:53458827:1001776976
(in one line), read about exec plugin in docs ;]

Regards
Mariusz
--
Mariusz Gronczewski (XANi) <xani666 at gmail.com>