[collectd] SMP Cpu stats on FreeBSD 7.2 (i386 specifically)

Doug MacEachern Doug.MacEachern at springsource.com
Fri Oct 23 00:59:16 CEST 2009

On Oct 22, 2009, at 11:41 AM, Bill Harris wrote:

> Doug,
>
> The Master branch version cpu plugin seems to work fine for X64
> versions of 7.2, but
> fails to initialize the cpu plugin with a memory error on i386
> versions of 7.2.

Hi Bill,

Strange that this would only be an issue on i386, but the array length
needs to be that of maxcpu:
-       long cpuinfo[numcpu][CPUSTATES];
+       long cpuinfo[maxcpu][CPUSTATES];

I have push this change + a fix for gcc warnings on FreeBSD, if
Florian can pull them in to his master branch:
http://github.com/dougm/collectd/tree/kern_cp_times