[collectd] about memory graph

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Wed Oct 21 10:00:51 CEST 2009

Hi Israel,

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 03:56:46PM -0500, Israel Garcia wrote:
> That's right, it's only on the memory graph. As I told you this server
> is always swapping to disk. So, there's nothing I can do?

are you positive that's only the memory graphs? Can you send us any
other graph of the same server and time window which doesn't have this
problem, for example the swap graph?

As Mariusz already pointed out this behavior is usually caused by an
overloaded system or network, so it usually happends to *all* graphs of
a specific host.

Another possibility is that the RRD-files for the memory graph were
created and the interval in which data is collected was increased
afterwards. Can you post your collectd config file and the output of

  rrdtool info /path/to/host/memory/memory-used.rrd

Regards,
—octo