[collectd] strange df output

Sebastian Harl sh at tokkee.org
Tue Nov 24 08:51:10 CET 2009

Hi Israel,

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 08:41:13PM -0500, Israel Garcia wrote:
> I'm seeing this output using df plugin on a don0.
>
> server:/var/lib/collectd/rrd/srv.domain/df# ls -l
[…]
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 307448 2009-11-10 15:46 df-tmp-GdwWV6YiGV.rrd

I guess, you're referring to those entries only, right?

> What is this? How can I avoid this entries on df plugin?

Some of the tools you're using seems to use temporary mount points to do
stuff. No idea though, what program might be responsible for that.

> LoadPlugin df
> <Plugin "df">
>   MountPoint "/lib/init/rw"
>   MountPoint "/dev/shm"
>   MountPoint "/dev"
>   IgnoreSelected true
> </Plugin>

You may specify (POSIX extended) regular expressions when specifying the
mount point: If the first *and* last characters are '/', then it's auto-
matically treated as a regex (if regex.h was available at compile time).
So, adding something like the following should do the trick:

  MountPoint "//tmp/.+/"

(the first and last '/' will be removed before compiling the regex)

HTH,