[collectd] terrible perfomance of collectd

Israel Garcia igalvarez at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 18:17:57 CET 2009

>> Can you help me?
>>

> Hi,
Hi Josef, thanks for your answer. :-)

> 1) try adjusting cache parameters:
>
> <Plugin rrdtool>
>         DataDir "/var/lib/collectd/rrd"
>         CacheTimeout 485
>         CacheFlush 1800
> </Plugin>
OK, I'll try with this config

> The more sec you keep cache, the less io collectd generates. Tradeof is
> in "lag" of graphs behind current time.
>
> 2) try adjusting filesystem params, if you are using ext3, try mount
> options noatime,commit=600
Now, "/var/lib/collectd/rrd" is in the same OS filesystem, I'll add a
second hdd to my VM and put rrd files in this partition and set all
this parameters in fstab.

> 3) change your raid configuration to raid0 or 10
I can'nt this server only support raid 1 and 5. :-(

> 4) add more ram if your system is swaping
The server is not using any swap.

> 5) adjust rrd files "time precision" if you do not need acuracy to
> seconds, this will keep whole dataset smaller.
Can you explain me this a little>?

Thanks again Josef
regards
Israel.