[collectd] central server

Sebastian Harl sh at tokkee.org
Wed May 27 16:20:22 CEST 2009

Hi Janos,

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 03:58:05PM +0200, J?nos Prepuk wrote:
> I would like to use a central server which store the rrd files, but not all
> off them. So I would like to copy some of the rrds to the central server.
> Can I solve it without nfs? I checked the network plugin but I can't filter
> the data at the clients.

Starting with version 4.6.0, collectd support a very powerful "filter
chain" mechanism that allows to configure fine grained rules how to
handle different data sets. Have a look at [1] for details.

HTH,
Sebastian

[1] http://collectd.org/documentation/manpages/collectd.conf.5.shtml#filter_configuration