[collectd] quick reload

Mariusz Gronczewski xani666 at gmail.com
Wed May 6 01:39:29 CEST 2009

Hello :)

I have two ideas, first:
1) Run first collectd with only rrdtool and network plugin activated,
and set it as "server"
2) Run second one with plugins u need + set up network plugin which
sends data to first collect

second:
Keep ur RRD files in RAM (like in /dev/shm), and dump it to disk
periodically. I used that setup on router with flash drive (slow flash
drive), worked quite well

Regards,
Mariusz