[collectd] collectd 4.6.1 make fails on FreeBSD

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Tue May 5 11:45:47 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Sat, May 02, 2009 at 03:30:33PM +0400, Sergey Vinogradov wrote:
> >first off: Thanks to Ulf for providing a FreeBSD test system :)

and also: Thanks to Simon for providing me with an OpenBSD account :)

I've spent some time yesterday to get the current Git branches to
compile on (Debian) Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, and Mac OS X without
trickery. I've removed the standards conformance defines that were
present in some files and put them in a separate file which is included
only if an appropriate option (`--enable-standards') is given to the
configure script. Then, those settings are applied to *all* files and
probably breaks compilation on nearly every platform at the moment.

Disabling the standards conformance by default hopefully fixes
compilation on NetBSD and Solaris, too. Unfortunately I don't have a
NetBSD box/account available and the Solaris machines I have access to
don't have Git installed (and I was too lazy to fix or work around
that).

So as far as the build system is concerned, I think we're on a good
track and I think the planned release date (May 11th) is realistic.