[collectd] Unable to use Collectd::Unixsock.pm correctly (might be due to FQDN)??

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Mon Mar 23 15:54:27 CET 2009

Hi Andrew,

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 10:33:07AM -0400, Blatt, Andrew (A&E) wrote:
> I'm trying to use Collectd::Unixsock.pm to get values, and I can't seem
> to get any values back correctly:
>
> # ./main.pl
> -> GETVAL "upeks1.dev.us.ml.com/load/load"
> <- -1 Type `load"' is unknown.

there is a problem with collectd 4.4 and earlier: Identifiers with
spaces are not handled correctly because `strtok' is used to split up
the command line.

collectd 4.5 and later uses quotes to make identifiers with spaces
possible. Collectd::Unixsock has been changed to make use of this, too.

From your example it looks like you mixed the two: A new version of
Collectd::Unixsock and a pre-4.5 version of collectd (note the
trailing `"').

If you did not mix those versions yourself, please let us know so we can
try to improve the situation :)