[collectd] exec plugin bug

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Thu Mar 19 19:23:27 CET 2009

Hi Thorsten,

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 11:02:58AM -0700, Thorsten von Eicken wrote:
> I've been having trouble with exec plugins since upgrading past 4.3.x
> and finally got to the bottom of it. If you close stderr in the exec
> plugin then collectd silently gives up on the plugin.

oh, sounds annoying.. We opened a pipe for STDERR at some point. The
data read from this pipe is sent to the logging callbacks, so exec
plugins can complain about stuff in the standard way. Maybe this would
even be appropriate for your purpose..

Nonetheless, I think closing STDERR should be allowed. I'll see to get
this sorted out.. Thanks for the pointer :)