[collectd] perl collectd plugin "Global symbol "%Config" requires explicit package name"

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Mon Mar 9 08:58:43 CET 2009

Hi Tom,

On Wed, Mar 04, 2009 at 05:08:19AM +0000, Tom H wrote:
> Global symbol "%Config" requires explicit package name at /usr/lib64/perl5/5.10.0/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/Errno.pm line 11.

there is a global %Config variable exported by the `Config' module, so
it appears that either Errno.pm is missing
  use Config;
or due to a second `Config' module in the search path the wrong module
is loaded.

> Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/doc/perl-Collectd-4.5.1/Config.pm line 29.

This looks like a likely candidate.

If you write your own Perl modules, I'd avoid the global namespace for
precisely this reason. If that module is from you, I'd move it to the
  Collectd::Plugin::MyPlugin::Config
or
  Collectd::Config::MyPlugin
package which should be unique..