[collectd] Collecting more detail network statistics

Bruno Prémont bonbons at linux-vserver.org
Mon Mar 2 18:29:56 CET 2009

On Mon, 02 March 2009 "Ulf Zimmermann" <ulf at openlane.com> wrote:
> > (interface)

> > > Bruno already mentioned the Netlink plugin [0], I think it's
> > > exactly what you want for interface errors.
>
> Hmmm, netlink is a problem under RedHat EL4 so far. Can't find a
> libnetlink for it so far.

If RedHat is doing things similar to (Open)SuSE then the netlink
package might even be named differently if available.

For OpenSuSE I was missing netlink library as well but it did show up
starting with 11.0 (libnlink) and 11.1 (libnetlink-devel)...

For Gentoo the static library is not being installed either but it's
pretty easy to fix with slightly modified ebuild.

Bruno