[collectd] WG: Re: rrdcached/collectd ports

Stefan.Wiederoder at kaufland.de Stefan.Wiederoder at kaufland.de
Mon Jun 29 14:36:50 CEST 2009

oops, I thought the network plugin is responsible for all collectd network
transport.

now I´v got my collectd client sending data using the rrdcached plugin to
my central
server (verified using tcpdump), but rrdcached is not writing any data to
disk.

telnetting to the port and STATS says:
STATS
9 Statistics follow
QueueLength: 0
UpdatesReceived: 0
FlushesReceived: 0
UpdatesWritten: 0
DataSetsWritten: 0
TreeNodesNumber: 0
TreeDepth: 0
JournalBytes: 0
JournalRotate: 0

so I´ve got a client sending data which is (maybe) not received by
rrdcached (no local iptables running)
and therefore not written to disk.

I´m stuck, what else can I do?

netstat: tcp        0      0 4.28.13.30:42217            0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN      10431/rrdcached
ps: root     10431     1  0 10:27 ?        00:00:00
/opt/rrdtool_svn/bin/rrdcached -l 4.28.13.30 -b /opt/collectd_data -F -j
/opt/collectd_data/journal -w 20 -F -t 10

client plugin configuration:
LoadPlugin rrdcached
<Plugin "rrdcached">
  DaemonAddress "4.28.13.30:42217"
  DataDir "/opt/collectd/var/lib/collectd/"
  CreateFiles false
</Plugin>

Sebastian Harl <sh at tokkee.org>
Gesendet von: collectd-bounces at verplant.org
26.06.2009 17:59

collectd at verplant.org

Thema
Re: [collectd] rrdcached/collectd ports

Hi Stefan,

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 05:09:51PM +0200, Stefan.Wiederoder at kaufland.de
wrote:
> I´ve compiled a shiny rrdcached, but I´m too dumb to configure its
> listening port to UDP - it´s only listening to TCP whereas my clients
> use UDP 25826 to send their data?

Since you're talking about port 25826 (the default port of collectd's
network plugin), I'm assuming that you're trying to send data to
RRDCacheD using the network plugin. That's not going to work, since
those are completely unrelated. You have to use the rrdcached plugin for
that purpose which in turn requires an up to date librrd that includes
support for the RRD client API implementing the network protocol used by
RRDCacheD.

HTH,

[Anhang "signature.asc" gelöscht von Stefan Wiederoder/IS/KI/DE/KAUFLAND]