[collectd] Negative lookahead/lookbehind

Brian Long brian at dotspots.com
Sat Jun 20 19:51:28 CEST 2009

Does collectd support negative lookahead or lookbehind in regex's for the
tail plugin?

I monitor logs for 'Exception', but there are a couple exceptions that I
don't care about, so I was trying to filter them with negative lookbehind
(preferable) and negative lookahead (if that's my only choice).

Lookbehind failure from logs:
Compiling the regular expression "(?<!IncompatibleRemoteService)Exception"
failed.

Lookahead failure from logs:
Compiling the regular expression "Exception(?!.*This application is out of
date)" failed.

I'm running 4.6.2.

Thanks,
Brian