[collectd] Do not receive OKAY notification on missing values.

Andrés J. Díaz ajdiaz at connectical.com
Thu Jun 4 22:13:36 CEST 2009

Hi all!

I've a problem with notifications related with missing values. When I
define a threshold
for a value (that is, plugin, type, host ...) and do not receive the
value for two intervals,
then a missing notification is generated.

But when the value is received again, I do not receive the properly
OKAY notification.

Reading the code, I found that the OKAY notification behaviour is
defined in utils_cache.c,
but do not work for me :(

I attach a workarround which check if c_avl_get fails before
ut_check_interesting
call, but I'm not sure if it's the best solution.

This patch works because I think that the problem is the
ut_check_interesting function,
which return "uninteresting" for any missing value, because the
threshold_get function
fails due to the c_avl_get return non zero.

Has someone better idea to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
  Andres