[collectd] TokyoTyrant plugin (was: Changes suggested by Sebastian Harl.)

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Mon Jul 6 17:08:43 CEST 2009

Hi Paul,

thank you very much for your patch :) I've just rebased your patch to
the current master branch and removed some trailing whitespace. I'd be
great if you could base future work on that version.

On Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 03:42:46PM -0600, Paul Sadauskas wrote:
> If/When you're ready to accept it, I can submit it as one big patch to
> the list at that time, rather than spamming every bugfix.

thanks, but I actually prefer many small changes, so I'd go for simply
pulling your branch one day ;)

I'd have the following todos before that, though:

 * The `Port' configuration option should expect a string. This may be
   weird at first sight, but please keep in mind that ports may be
   specified by their symbolic name given in /etc/services as well.
   As far as I see the TokyoTyrant-API expects an integer. So I guess
   the best we can do is probably to call `getservbyname(3)'. The string
   version of the port should simply be strdup'ed.

 * The database is opened and closed at each iteration, which appears to
   be more overhead than necessary. Would it be possible to keep the
   connection open for as long as possible?

 * Since the plugin provides configuration options, it must be
   documented in the collectd.conf(5) manual page. The manual page is
   generated from the file src/collectd.conf.pod.

Best regards,