[collectd] collectd versus rrdcollect-remote rrdtool [network] IO

Greg greg at easyflirt.com
Wed Jan 21 17:27:19 CET 2009

So, here what I do:
- grow memory to 12GB
- add dir_index + e2fsck -fD to recreate btree on partition where RRD
files are located
- add mount options "rw,noatime,nodiratime,data=writeback" to same partition
- grow receive buffers sizes to :
net.core.rmem_default = 8388608
net.core.rmem_max = 16777216

Disk IO performance are still unaceptable... I try to stop rrdcollect,
mysql, everything, it didn't help... Them I stop collectd, and CPU IO
wait slim down to 10/800. Buffer cache use only 1GB.
I don't know what is the problem. Is version 3.5 better ?

--
Greg