[collectd] tcpconns plugin: Trouble under *BSD?

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Tue Jan 13 18:48:47 CET 2009

Hi,

``thated'' reports a problem [0] with the tcpconns plugin under
FreeBSD/x86 (the architacture I assume). She/he writes, that the port
numbers are stored in big endian byte order (which is a problem only on
little endian systems, hence my guess on the architecture).

The consequence would be, that instead of port 25 (SMTP, one of the
example ports) == 0x0019, port 6400 == 0x1900 would be used as instance
name by collectd.

I can verify (but haven't done yet) this problem under FreeBSD, but
sadly that's all the BSDs I have access to. Could anyone on the list try
the plugin on a little endian *BSD machine and let me know if it worked
or not? It'd be much apprechiated :)

[0] <http://collectd.org/mantis/view.php?id=35>