[collectd] Collect scalability

Jason jason+collectdml at cae.wisc.edu
Wed Jan 7 00:16:04 CET 2009

I am working with collectd 4.4.2 on a network of around 250 hosts.  I
have most of the modules enabled and am sending data to a central server
which is writing rrd files. I am wondering how well collectd scales to
installations of this size. I've been having some trouble and am
wondering whether we're trying to do too much for collectd to handle or
whether to blame it on some something else as I had first suspected.

What is collectd designed to be capable of, and has anyone had any
scalability issues with it on similar systems?

Thanks,
Jason