[collectd] Ohhhh jeeee, libgcrypt 1.4.1 + collectd 4.7.2

Luke Heberling collectd at c-ware.com
Mon Aug 31 07:31:55 CEST 2009

When using collectd 4.7.2 with libgcrypt 1.4.1 I'm getting an error message:
Ohhhh jeeee: operation is not possible without initialized secure memory

A collectd client dies with this message and SIGABRT as soon as it starts up,
a server dies with this message and SIGABRT when it first receives an encrypted
or signed network packet.

upgrading libgcrypt to 1.4.4 (squeeze) fixes the problem, but I'd prefer a
library from the stable dist, especially one like gcrypt.
Anybody know what's going on here?

Luke Heberling