[collectd] collect Snmp exclude

Domagoj Mikac Domagoj.Mikac at metronet.hr
Mon Aug 17 21:23:41 CEST 2009

Hi Sebastian,

Thank you for your fast response, but even if I remove the line Plugininstance "^snmp$", filtering still doesn't work.
Each time I remove all rrds belonging to Loopback interfaces, and after I restart collectd it recreates them again.

I have about 4000 devices in the network and excluding unnecessary interfaces is crucial because I have to lower a server load. Each device has up to a couple of hundred interfaces, and I have to monitor only some of them.
Is it possible to filter out some interfaces directly in snmp plugin configuration section ?

<Chain "Main">
        <Rule "ignore_Loopback">
                <Match "regex">
                        TypeInstance "Loopback"