[collectd] Madwifi plugin v2

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Wed Aug 12 14:44:56 CEST 2009

Hi Ondrej,

On Sun, Aug 09, 2009 at 05:21:04PM +0200, Ondrej Zajicek wrote:
> After some time i managed to make a new version of Madwifi plugin. The
> main change is that it is possible to finely tune the set of monitored
> statistics and just the most important statistics are monitored by
> default. Also the number of new data types is reduced (by using type
> instances).

thank you very much for your patch :) I've applied it to the master
branch of the Git repository and fixed some best practices while
reviewing the code.

The biggest change I did was to rename the ‘DisableSysfs’ option to
‘Source’. The reason for this is that ‘DisableSysfs’ is a negated
option, which is confusing to use. Just think about:

  DisableSysfs false

I like your selection idea. This will make a lot of statistics available
but the user can still chose what he's interested in.

Best regards,