[collectd] Antwort: Re: WG: Re: rrdcached/collectd ports

Stefan.Wiederoder at kaufland.de Stefan.Wiederoder at kaufland.de
Fri Aug 7 10:50:14 CEST 2009

sorry about the late reply, two weeks holiday and other stuff kept me away
from my collectd POC.

I´ve started from scratch, built a new collectd client (with rrdtool, and
all his 3rd party libraries) and
now I´m receiving data using the rrdcached and the plugin (CreateFiles
true)

Escape character is '^]'.
stats
9 Statistics follow
QueueLength: 0
UpdatesReceived: 5079825
FlushesReceived: 0
UpdatesWritten: 428649
DataSetsWritten: 0
TreeNodesNumber: 324
TreeDepth: 10
JournalBytes: 381923757
JournalRotate: 81

the only thing I´m not sure about are the rrd-files on my central server
running rrdcached, because
rrdcached will complain if I setup a new host - because he has no data
files to write to:
        Aug  6 09:31:47 ipmzs02 rrdcached[25924]: handle_request_update:
stat
(/opt/collectd/collectd/var/lib/collectd/host.on.somedomain/df/df-import-QPL_lsarch.rrd)
failed.
do I have to transfer the files initially from my client?

I´m running rrdcached with these options:
/opt/rrdtool_svn/bin/rrdcached -l 4.28.13.30:42217 -l
unix:/var/run/rrdcached.sock -b /opt/collectd_data -F -j
/opt/collectd_data/journal -w 60 -F -t 10

I´d grateful about a small rrdcached howto in the wiki,
Inside_the_RRDtool_plugin is nice to read but
a large scale collectd howto would be really great.

Florian Forster <octo at verplant.org>
Gesendet von: collectd-bounces at verplant.org
06.07.2009 13:04

Stefan.Wiederoder at kaufland.de

collectd at verplant.org
Thema
Re: [collectd] WG: Re:  rrdcached/collectd ports

Hi Stefan,

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 02:36:50PM +0200, Stefan.Wiederoder at kaufland.de
wrote:
> now I´v got my collectd client sending data using the rrdcached plugin
> to my central server (verified using tcpdump), but rrdcached is not
> writing any data to disk.

> LoadPlugin rrdcached
> <Plugin "rrdcached">
>   DaemonAddress "4.28.13.30:42217"
>   DataDir "/opt/collectd/var/lib/collectd/"
>   CreateFiles false
> </Plugin>

if you set the `CreateFiles' option to `false', only existing files will
be updated by the daemon. Do those files exist?

Could you please provide a PCAP file (the output file format of tcpdump)
of some network traffic between collectd and rrdcached? That way it'd be
easier to understand what's really going on.

[Anhang "signature.asc" gelöscht von Stefan Wiederoder/IS/KI/DE/KAUFLAND]