[collectd] Version 4.5.0 available
octo at verplant.org
Tue Sep 9 00:10:08 CEST 2008
I've just uploaded and linked version 4.5.0 on the website. Get your
copy now while it's still fresh :)
Here's a short summary of changes. And when I say `short', I really do
2008-09-04, Version 4.5.0
* collectd: Added the ability to flush certain identifiers.
* collectd: The concept of `notification meta data' has been
* filecount plugin: The new filecount plugin counts the number of
files in a directory and its subdirectories.
* ipmi plugin: Sensor names have been changed to ensure unique names.
Notifications upon added and removed sensors can now be generated.
* notify_desktop plugin: This new plugin sends notifications to the
X desktop using the structure defined in the `Desktop Notification
* notify_email plugin: This new plugin sends out notifications via
email, using the `esmtp' library.
* onewire plugin: The new experimental(!) onewire plugin reads values,
such as temperatures, from sensors connected to the computer via the
* perl plugin: Improved synchronized access to internal data structures
and fixed a possible dead-lock.
* perl plugin: Added the ability to flush certain identifiers and marked
plugin_flush_all() and plugin_flush_one() as deprecated in favor of
* perl plugin: Added the ability to configure Perl plugins.
* postgresql plugin: The new postgresql plugin collects statistics
about or from a PostgreSQL database.
* processes plugin: The `ProcessMatch' option has been added.
* rrdtool plugin: Implement throttling of the `update queue' to lessen
* tcpconns plugin: This plugin has been ported to OpenBSD.
* thermal plugin: The new thermal plugin collects system temperatures
using Linux ACPI thermal zone data.
Thanks to all the contributors! Of course I sent a t-shirt to each
contributor and hope I didn't forget anyone. If so, please let me know.
If you want to get a t-shirt, too, please read about the `collectd
Contribution Appreciation Program' here:
Florian octo Forster
Hacker in training
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
Url : http://mailman.verplant.org/pipermail/collectd/attachments/20080909/8361e780/attachment.pgp
More information about the collectd