[collectd] tail plugin counting problems

Matthias Lay mlay at telco-tech.de
Wed Oct 8 15:41:35 CEST 2008

Am Freitag, den 26.09.2008, 16:28 +0200 schrieb Florian Forster:

> That's weird. Is the file on some special filesystem or something? In
> each iteration, the code just tries to read some more using `fgets'. If
> the end of the file is reached, the sizes (as returned by stat(2)) are
> compared. Special devices such as pipes probably have problems with
> that.

no. it is standard ext2 on a normal hd.

> > Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
>
> I'm not sure. From what I've seen, your config looks okay. I haven't
> seen this behavior yet, though, so it doesn't seem to be a every-day
> issue either.. Is there anything that makes your setup special or
> uncommon?

I also think the config is ok, because with truncating everything works
fine.

The only thing that comes to my mind that is "unusual", is that I have
compiled collectd against dietlibc.

when i have some time for testing, I will remove stdio and try again.
I will tell you about the results.

Regards
loomy

--

ACHTUNG +++ ACHTUNG +++ ACHTUNG
Die LiSS-Familie hat Zuwachs: unsere neue LiSS 700 series!
Lesen Sie mehr unter:
http://www.telco-tech.de/produkte/products/liss-700-series/