[collectd] [PATCH] README: Updated information about librrd and libstatgrab.
sh at tokkee.org
Thu Oct 2 15:07:20 CEST 2008
The info about librrd still talked about "client mode" while libstatgrab still
mentioned that CPU and disk statistics would not be supported.
Signed-off-by: Sebastian Harl <sh at tokkee.org>
README | 21 ++++++++++-----------
1 files changed, 10 insertions(+), 11 deletions(-)
diff --git a/README b/README
index c11a312..cb002b9 100644
@@ -279,7 +279,7 @@ Features
since collectd is programmed multithreaded it benefits from hyperthreading
and multicore processors and makes sure that the daemon isn't idle if only
one plugins waits for an IO-operation to complete.
* Once set up, hardly any maintenance is necessary. Setup is kept as easy
as possible and the default values should be okay for most users.
@@ -383,11 +383,10 @@ Prerequisites
* libpq (optional)
The PostgreSQL C client library used by the `postgresql' plugin.
- * librrd (optional; headers and library; rrdtool 1.0 and 1.2 both work fine)
- If built without `librrd' the resulting binary will be `client only', i.e.
- will send its values via multicast and not create any RRD files itself.
- Alternatively you can chose to write CSV-files (Comma Separated Values)
+ * librrd (optional)
+ Used by the `rrdtool' and `rrdcached' plugins. The latter requires RRDtool
+ client support which was added after version 1.3 of RRDtool. Versions 1.0,
+ 1.2 and 1.3 are known to work with the `rrdtool' plugin.
* librt, libsocket, libkstat, libdevinfo (optional)
Various standard Solaris libraries which provide system functions.
@@ -395,10 +394,10 @@ Prerequisites
* libsensors (optional)
To read from `lm_sensors', see the `sensors' plugin.
- * libstatgrab (optional) may be used to collect statistics on systems other
- than Linux and/or Solaris. Note that CPU- and disk-statistics, while being
- provided by this library, are not supported in collectd right now..
+ * libstatgrab (optional)
+ Used by various plugins to collect statistics on systems other than Linux
+ and/or Solaris.
* libupsclient/nut (optional)
For the `nut' plugin which queries nut's `upsd'.
@@ -419,7 +418,7 @@ Configuring / Compiling / Installing
`./configure && make && make install'. For detailed, generic instructions
see INSTALL. For a complete list of configure options and their description,
run `./configure --help'.
By default, the configure script will check for all build dependencies and
disable all plugins whose requirements cannot be fulfilled (any other plugin
will be enabled). To enable a plugin, install missing dependencies (see
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
Url : http://mailman.verplant.org/pipermail/collectd/attachments/20081002/97cfeab2/attachment.pgp
More information about the collectd