[collectd] Strange results with tail plugin

Marcin Rzepecki marcinrz at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 15:09:27 CET 2008

Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 02:02:48PM +0100, Florian Forster wrote:
> did you restart the daemon when this value appeared?

Hi Florian,

yes, you've right! This 'picks' was inserted after restarting deamon.
I have followed by your tips - setting up max value for counter helped
and now everything looks OK.
> If you did *not* restart collectd when these peaks appear, something
> very weird is happening. I sincerely hope that's not the case ;)

Thankfully, that's not any deep hidden issue :)
Thanks for your help!

--
Marcin Rzepecki
marcin.rzepecki(at)pac.com.pl