[collectd] plugin-exec big problem

Sebastian Harl sh at tokkee.org
Wed Nov 5 11:28:09 CET 2008

Hi Krzysztof,

On Mon, Nov 03, 2008 at 10:48:42PM +0100, kpawlow at redefine.pl wrote:
> #!/usr/local/bin/bash
> echo " a01/exec_plugin/gauge Interval=60 N:3"
>
> but with this one, everything happen the same, plugin-exec collects data for a
> while and than become zombie

Thanks for reporting this!

Do you see any messages in the logs (either syslog or a logfile,
depending on your configuration)? Does collectd restart the script?
Which plugins do you have loaded?

> have you got any idea what am I doing wrong?

This looks like a problem in collectd to me. But I need some further
information to be able to track it down.

Cheers,