[collectd] Hostnames in hexadecimal (!?)

Jose Manuel Macias Luna jmanuel.macias at rediris.es
Mon Nov 3 11:21:45 CET 2008

Hello all,

I have been trying to find a response to my question, but haven't found it
either on the ML archives or the FAQ, so I guess next step should be asking
here... sorry if this has been asked before.

I'm having trouble with the hostnames of machines being stored in some strange
hexadecimal format (like 5034948D-C8A3-F088-4A66-C56D8392CD0F). Is this normal ?
I have been playing with different combinations of Hostname and FQDNLookup
without success.

The machine reporting this wrong hostname is running RHEL 5.2 x86_64, and the
collectd version I'm using is collectd-4.5.0-1.el5.rf.

Thanks in advance,

jose.