[collectd] Libvirt doesn't fill rrd databases

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Sat May 17 14:06:22 CEST 2008

Hi Eduardo,

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 02:30:41PM +0200, Eduardo Minguez wrote:
> Everything works fine, except no data is in rrd databases, and there
> is no output about that in logs.

that the RRD files are created means, that the daemon must get *some*
value.

> I know isn't enough information, but logs doesn't say anything (in the
> server, collectd has been compilated "by hand" with debug support, and
> the log plugin is in "debug" mode).

If you have compiled in debug mode, i. e. using `--enable-debug' when
calling ./configure, you should be able to set the verbosity of the
logfile and syslog plugins to "debug":
  <Plugin logfile>
    LogLevel "debug"
  </Plugin>

You should then get A LOT of output, I'd say about 50-100 lines every 10
seconds. The more plugins you have loaded the more output you'll get, so
keep the number of plugins low during debugging. I'd only load the
libvirt, logfile and rrdtool plugins while testing.

Besides a reasonable amount of that output (about 40k compressed output
will be fine) please provide the file `config.log' genereated by the
configure script and your config. Your entire config please, not just
the part about libvirt.