[collectd] Plugin `mysql' did not register a callback.

Sebastian Harl sh at tokkee.org
Sat May 10 14:28:47 CEST 2008

Hi Kaushal,

On Fri, May 09, 2008 at 07:34:01PM +0530, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> when i look at the web inteface the mysql link is not seen,I have dumped the
> mysql plugin in the /usr/lib/collectd folders
> I have enabled the LoadPlugin mysql in /etc/collectd.conf file,
> I get read-function of plugin `mysql' failed. in the /var/log/messages

Whenever the "mysql" plugin's read callback fails, it should log an
error message. Did you see any other collectd messages in
/var/log/messages? The relevant ones should begin with "mysql_". If the
plugin is unable to connect to the MySQL server, the error is only
logged once, so you should also have a look at the logs of the time when
you started collectd.

HTH,