[collectd] collectd.conf man page for 4.4.0

kyrone kyrone at gmail.com
Wed May 7 19:30:34 CEST 2008

I'm attempting to implement Thresholds in collectd-4.4.0 but am having some
trouble.

The bottom of the collectd.conf(5) man page shows to use Instance to
generate cached memory notifications -
<Threshold>
            <Plugin "memory">
              <Type "memory">
                Instance "cached"
                WarningMin 100000000
              </Type>
            </Plugin>
</Threshold>

However since 4.4.0 this seems to generate an error in syslog -

collectd[17336]: threshold values: Option `Instance' not allowed inside a
`Type' block

I'm also trying the same with df, and by reading some mailing list archives
I was able to find that DataSource seems to work there in v4.4.0 instead of
Instance for v4.3.3.  Now with 4.4.0 I'm able to receive df notifications,
but not memory notifications when using DataSource instead of Instance.
Also, I seem to receive many bogus notifications saying that such and such
plugin has not run in xy seconds, although it clearly has.  Restarting
collectd seems to fix them.  This is all running in network mode.

<Plugin network>
        Listen "10.0.0.253"
</Plugin>

<Threshold>