[collectd] cpu plugin discuss

Oleg King king2 at kaluga.ru
Thu May 1 01:24:41 CEST 2008

Hello!

  I have found that cpu plugin has COUNTER type for its storage. On
  FreeBSd, this caused 'strange' values on graphs, like 'idle=133'.

  This is quantity of system ticks, which is quite unclear in most
  cases. In other hand, libstatgrab can get percents, directly.
  So we can get percents and store percents as GAUGE (or DELIVER,
  I do not know RRDtools enough to make right choice).

  What do you think, is this should be made as separate plugin, or
  as configurable choice for existing cpu plugin? Or, may be, just
  as separate RRD file (cpu-percents?) in case libstatgrab is used?

--
WBR,
 Oleg                          mailto:king2 at kaluga.ru