[collectd] Can't write csv or rrd files, only log file

Scott Harris collectd at webhounds.net
Mon Mar 31 18:30:28 CEST 2008

Florian Forster wrote:
> Hi Scott,
>
> On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 06:57:06AM -0700, Scott Harris wrote:
>> Yup, rrd and csv definitely show up, but never the less, I've still
>> updated the conf file to avoid possible symlink issues
>
> oh, sorry, I didn't read your first email with enough attention - I
> didn't see that you already included the `lsof' output..
>
> In the debugging output, do you see output from
> `plugin_dispatch_values'? Can you verify that the TypesDB setting points
> to a valid file? Is there a message like «open (...) failed» or
> «Done parsing `...'» near the beginning of the log?

I *knew* it was something silly I was doing.  Thanks everyone
for the replies.  The problem was with the types.db location.
I had /var/lib64/collectd/types.db and the real location was
/usr/lib64/collectd/types.db.

I'm happily collecting data now.  Thanks again for the help
and the great tool!

Scott