[collectd] Announcing the ``collectd Contribution Appreciation Program''

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Mon Mar 17 15:33:38 CET 2008

Hi everybody,

in order to promote collectd and to offer an incentive to potential
contributors, I'm announcing the ``collectd Contribution Appreciation
Program''[1]. The deal is simple: Everyone who puts a reasonable amount
of work into the project, e. g. by contributing a cool new plugin, will
get an immensely cool collectd t-shirt from me ([2]).

How much ``a reasonable amount of work'' exactly is, is decided by me.
You don't necessarily have to write any code to participate in the
program - non-coding contributions such as translating the manpages or
giving a talk or writing an article about collectd will be considered,
too.

These t-shirts are not for sale, in order to keep them elitist ;) If,
however, enough people express the wish to _buy_ a t-shirt (instead of
being given one for contributing to the project), I'll have a batch made
(in another color, though ;).

Regards and happy coding ;)
-octo

[1] Hey, it's there to promote something, so it _needs_ a bullshit-bingo
    compatible name ;)
[2] As long as t-shirts last.