[collectd] enhancment for threshold (make a notice when value is in range)

Sebastian Harl sh at tokkee.org
Fri Mar 14 10:59:14 CET 2008

Hi Peter,

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 06:25:15PM +0100, Peter Holik wrote:

> >> Okay. Imho it makes more sense then to get some kind of notification, if
> >> a value turns back to state "OKAY" when it was it any other state
> >> before. That notification could include information about how long the
> >> value stayed in that other state. This could even be more generic if a
> >> notification is generated for each state change.
>
> Usually i'm interested if a threshold (ex. ping) stays for N sec time
> and not a single peak.

Afaik, this has not been implemented so far. This could be done in a
very flexible way by introducing some kind of consolidation function
which would be applied to the values before deciding whether to send a
notification. I have some very vague ideas about that but nothing yet
which would be worth mentioning - so any further ideas would be very
welcome :-)

Cheers,