[collectd] how to get log messages only on stdout not in file ?

Dieter Bloms collectd at bloms.de
Thu Mar 13 14:30:26 CET 2008

Hi,

I've configured the logfile plugin like this:

<Plugin logfile>
  LogLevel debug
  File STDOUT
</Plugin>

but collectd tries to write logstuff to /var/log/collectd.log.
In my case it doesn't have permissions to do so and I see many messages
like:

logfile plugin: fopen (/var/log/collectd.log) failed: Permission denied
logfile plugin: fopen (/var/log/collectd.log) failed: Permission denied
logfile plugin: fopen (/var/log/collectd.log) failed: Permission denied
logfile plugin: fopen (/var/log/collectd.log) failed: Permission denied
logfile plugin: fopen (/var/log/collectd.log) failed: Permission denied

Is it possible to configure the logfile plugin to _not_ write to a file,
but only write to stdout ?

I use collectd-4.3.1.

--
best regards