[collectd] MySQL Slave

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Tue Jun 17 20:53:10 CEST 2008

Hi Kaushal,

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 05:07:54PM +0530, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> Can i Monitor MySQL Slave using collectd. Just to know how much it is
> behind its Master( Seconds_Behind_Master: Variable in the below
> output.) in the form of plot

no, that's not yet possible.

If you want to implement that, I'd do it as a configurable option,
something like:
  <Plugin mysql>
    ServerIsMaster true
  </Plugin>
If that is activated, the additional `SHOW SLAVE STATUS' command is
issued and the additional information is collected. The
>            Slave_IO_Running: Yes
>           Slave_SQL_Running: Yes
fields can be avaluated and a notification may be dispatched for each
field, so that a status change can be actet upon.

Other than that, I think the following fields have integer values and
may thus be of interest for performance measurement:
>         Read_Master_Log_Pos: 359455147
>               Relay_Log_Pos: 236
>                  Last_Errno: 0
>                Skip_Counter: 0
>         Exec_Master_Log_Pos: 359455147
>             Relay_Log_Space: 236
>               Until_Log_Pos: 0
>       Seconds_Behind_Master: 0

I have only a vague idea of what the values mean, so I guess it's up to
you to decide which values are of interest ;) However,
<http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/show-slave-status.html> lists a
few more fields.. Do you know what's up with them?