[collectd] Using Cacti as a frontend for collectd

Pavel Georgiev pavel at netclime.com
Fri Jul 11 16:19:49 CEST 2008

Hi,

I`ve been trying to gather various info from several linux boxes and found
collectd perfect for the job. I`m trying to find a good enough frontend for
it so I can monitor the data - tried drraw but it looks like its make in 199x
and the only good solution that caught my eye was cacti. AFAIR cacti uses its
own methods for collecting/storing data and that overlaps with what collecd
is doing.

Has anyone managed to use cacti just as a frontend for collectd (or use both
tools in any other way)? I read in the FAQ there are reports of people doing
this but I could not find any info about that.

Thanks!