[collectd] Modul Error with IPMI and SNMP undefined symbol

haseningo at gmx.de haseningo at gmx.de
Tue Jul 8 12:07:26 CEST 2008

Hi,

I use collectd version 4.4.1 on SLES 10.2 system. I want to use the modules ipmi and snmp. I but the headerfiles in the collectd/src directory and make process works fine. :-)
But when I want to use the modules, I got always the same error:

/opt/collectd/sbin/collectd -f
/opt/collectd/sbin/collectd: symbol lookup error: /opt/collectd/lib/collectd/snmp.so: undefined symbol: init_snmp

or

/opt/collectd/sbin/collectd -f
/opt/collectd/sbin/collectd: symbol lookup error: /opt/collectd/lib/collectd/ipmi.so: undefined symbol: ipmi_posix_thread_setup_os_handler

what is the problem?

thx