[collectd] Memoy leak advice

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Thu Jan 24 14:55:11 CET 2008

Hi Daniel,

On Thu, Jan 24, 2008 at 10:16:50PM +0900, Daniel Rowe wrote:
> # Config file for collectd(1).

I'm using all the plugins you have loaded now myself, except the ntpd
plugin. I'll run a test with it for an hour or two and see if I can
reproduce a memory leak.

> With valgrind:

Sorry, but what you've posted is only summary: It clearly shows that
theres quite a bunch of memory lost/leaked, but it doesn't say where.
Could you please re-run the daemon with valgrind and the
`--leak-check=full' option set? If the entire output is too big for the
mailing list (there's a 40kByte limit) please put it on a web server
somewhere and post a link to it or send it to me directory if you don't
have access to some public storage.

P. S.: First results don't seem like I'm able to reproduce the memory
leak using the ntpd plugin:
-- 8< --
 octo at leeloo:~ $ while true
 > do