[collectd] Error during make

Sebastian Harl sh at tokkee.org
Sat Feb 9 14:29:59 CET 2008

Hi Sascha,

On Thu, Feb 07, 2008 at 12:03:25PM +0100, Sascha A. Müller wrote:
>  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -Wall -Werror -g -O2 -MT hddtemp.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/hddtemp.Tpo -c hddtemp.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/hddtemp.o
> hddtemp.c: In function `hddtemp_init':
> hddtemp.c:307: error: `SCSI_DISK8_MAJOR' undeclared (first use in this function)

This should be defined in linux/major.h (which on Debian can be found in
the linux-libc-dev package - I guess, it should be something similar in
other distributions). Please make sure that you have this file available
and that I can be found by the compiler. If that is already the case,
please tell us your version of libc and the kernel and provide major.h
somehow (preferably by uploading it to some webserver).

HTH,