[collectd] how to limit display to a particular range of values

florian iragne florian.iragne at viewsurf.com
Tue Dec 9 16:25:58 CET 2008

Hello everybody,

I'm using collectd to monitor ressources on a bunch of virtualized
servers (openvz VE).

I've a VE which is the collectd Master, and all other are clients (about
  15 VE). Everything is fine except the display of cpu usage. Indeed, i
have values of several billions % for io-waits. I don't understand why
since the VE are not under a heavy load.

Hence, this very high iowait percentage is obfuscating the "real" cpu
usage (user/system), so that i would like to limit displayed values to
something like 120% at max.

Is there a way to configure such a thing? I'm using collectd 3.10.4-1
from debian etch and display the values with collection.cgi

Thanks for any advice

Florian