[collectd] Problems with collectd and KVM

Joost Cassee joost at cassee.net
Sun Aug 17 01:07:50 CEST 2008

On 12-08-08 10:38, Joost Cassee wrote:

>> On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 09:35:00AM +0200, Joost Cassee wrote:
>>> I am having some other issues with collectd. When I install it on a
>>> KVM guest is kills the guest after a while. Of course, it is not a
>>> collectd bug per se -- it should not be able to kill the system so
>>> effectively. I'm going to try which plugin is triggering the problem
>>> by enabling them one by one. Can you advise me on which plugins I
>>> should try first?

> I'll just begin enabling plugins one by one and tell you when I hit
> something.

The last couple of days I have been slowly enabling more and more
collectd plugins, and now I have a full set of plugins enabled and my
KVM guest is stable. I upgraded KVM from the version found in kernel
2.6.25 to 71. That must be that what fixed the problem. I am not going
to downgrade and verify that, though. Lenny will ship with 2.6.26, so I
will test that.

As a side-note, the memcached plugin keeps giving timeout errors
(intermittent). Is there any way of increasing the timeout value? I have
already increated the number of threads.

Regards,

Joost

--
Joost Cassee