[collectd] how to configure collectd to collect and display statistics for 10 yearts instead of 1

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Fri Aug 15 08:35:40 CEST 2008

Hi Sergey,

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 12:46:29PM +0200, Sergey Spiridonov wrote:
> May be very simple question, but can not find quick answer. I want to
> collect and display data for 10 years period also. How to accomplish
> this?

this can be done using the `RRATimespan' option. By default it will keep
3600, 86400, 604800, 2678400, and 31622400 seconds worth of data (which
equals one hour, one day, one week, 31 days and 366 days).

Even if you just want to add one timespan, you will have to specify
those above, too. So the configuration would be something along this
line:
 <Plugin rrdtool>
  RRATimespan 3600
  RRATimespan 86400
  RRATimespan 604800
  RRATimespan 2678400
  RRATimespan 31622400
  RRATimespan 315576000
 </Plugin>

By default each RRA keeps 1200 consolidated data points (CDPs), so in
the 10-year RRA each CDP will cover roughly three days. If this is not
fine-grained enough for you, you will have to increase the `RRARows'
setting.

HTH,