[collectd] osx collectd?

Sebastian Harl sh at tokkee.org
Mon Aug 4 17:35:40 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Sun, Aug 03, 2008 at 08:21:29AM -0700, Brian Long wrote:
> Does anyone have collectd running on MacOSX? I'm not even able to build a
> version that can parse the config file. It dies like this:

In the past, some people were using collectd on MacOSX. However, I
haven't heard of anyone doing so lately.

> brian$ /dist/collectd/sbin/collectd -t
> collectd(34267) malloc: *** error for object 0x63656c6c: Non-aligned pointer
> being freed
> *** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug

A quick search on Google suggests that collectd tries to to free some
memory that it did not allocate before. Are you familiar with using a
debugger (like gdb)? If so, please run collectd in gdb, set a breakpoint
at malloc_error_break (as suggested in that error message) and provide a
backtrace at that point.

Which version of collectd did you use? I could try to reproduce that
behavior myself.

Cheers,